Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home Made Bread

One thing I like to do is to make my own foods rather then buy them. It's cheaper and it is better for you. If you read the ingredient list for a loaf of bread and don't understand half of what is in there then why would you want to eat it?

So today I made a loaf of white bread (that is half gone already) and right now I am waiting on the dough for rolls. I do have a bread machine but I only use it to kneed the dough, If I had to make it from scratch it would never get done. Here is my recipe, it's one I found online and adapted via trial and error.

Bread Maker White Bread

Ingredients

1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons honey
1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of softened butter


Directions

Place the water, honey and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour, salt and butter to the yeast. Select the Dough setting, and press Start.

Take out the dough and put it in a bread pan, split the top length wise with a knife and stuff the bread with pieces of butter (1 tablespoon total). Brush the top of the bread with melted butter and bake in a 375 degree preheated oven with a pan with water on the bottom of the oven for about 30 minutes.

Enjoy and let me know if you try it and how you made out :)

No comments: